WHAT TYPE OF REPAIR WORK REQUIRES A FLOODPLAIN USE PERMIT?
Flood damage repairs and other improvements are considered development regulated by the Floodplain Regulations for Maricopa County. Development includes any changes or repairs to your home or a structure if it is located within the floodplain. This permit is required even if the repairs or development are within the original structure’s footprint.
Determine if your property is in the floodplain.
Call the Town at 928-683-2255 for information about the other building permits you may need to complete your repairs.
HOW DO I APPLY FOR A PERMIT?
Access and complete the Floodplain Use Permit portal.
Obtain a hard copy of the Floodplain Use Permit application at the Town offices and e-mail application to Jennifer.Lynch@maricopa.gov or fax to 602-506-4601, attention Jennifer Lynch.
WHAT INFORMATION WILL I NEED TO PROVIDE?
1. Name and contact information of both the applicant and the property owner (if they are not the same)
2. Address or Assessor’s Parcel Number of the property
3. The pre-damaged market value of the structure
4. The market value to repair all damages to the structure. Review a guide prepared to determine damages to the structure.
5. A description of the work to be performed
If the damages to a structure in the floodplain amount to equals or exceeds 50% of the pre-damaged market value of the structure, you will be required to bring the entire structure into compliance with the Regulations. If the damages to a structure are less than 50% of the pre-damaged market value of the home the work can likely be permitted.
The floodplain use permit fees will be waived until August of 2022.