The Capital Facilities Division (CFD) consists of project managers with training and education as architects, engineers and construction managers. The group performs various responsibilities, including:
- Management and coordination of approximately 200 approved and funded construction projects per year, ranging from new capital facilities to tenant improvements within existing County facilities and properties and using a range of delivery methods such as Job Order Contacting, Construction Manager At Risk (CMAR) and Design-Bid-Build.
- Development of conceptual budgetary estimates for approximately 300 proposed projects per year.
- Recommendations for and proactive implementation of facility upgrades as part of an annual Major Maintenance program and Five-year Facility Project Plan.
The Design Division consists of architects, interior designers, signage designers and inventory specialists. The group performs various responsibilities, including:
- Architectural programming and design to a schematic level to identify and document space needs for County departments in their respective facilities.
- Design and modifications to interior working environments and furniture configurations.
- Management of the County's used furniture inventories.
- Review of and upgrades to facility signage designs.
- Organization and archiving of County facility and project drawings and documents.