Deferred Compensation Committee (aka Smart Savings)
Establishes, supervises, and evaluates the investment program for the Maricopa County 457 Deferred Compensation Plan.
The Deferred Compensation Committee meets as needed, at least quarterly.
2020 meeting dates:
- Thursday, February 13, 2:00 pm - 5:00 pm
- Thursday, April 9, 11:00 am (special meeting)
- Thursday, May 14, 2:00 pm - 5:00 pm
- Thursday, August 13, 2:00 pm - 5:00 pm
- Tuesday, November 17, 2:00 pm - 5:00 pm
301 W Jefferson
Phoenix, Arizona 85003
|County Manager designee|
|County Manager designee
|Human Resources Director
|Chief Financial Officer
|District 1||Frances Dairman Poeppe|
|District 2||Max Porter|
|District 3||Lee Ann Bohn
|District 4||Alicia Snarr|
|District 5||Monica Pimentel|
Under the Deferred Compensation Committee's Bylaws, the committee consists of nine voting members:
- Two (2) County Manager designees
- Human Resources Director
- Chief Financial Officer
- Five (5) County employees, or employees of the State Departments that participate in the Plan (e.g. Maricopa County Judicial Branch), one appointed by each District of the Board of Supervisors
Duties & Powers
The Deferred Compensation Committee manages the assets of the Deferred Compensation Plan. It is the intent of the Committee to fulfill its fiduciary responsibilities solely in the interest of the Plan's participants and beneficiaries and to make investments permissible by law for investment of trust funds. The Committee shall be bound by the powers, responsibilities and duties contained in the Plan Document, the Investment Policy Statement and the Bylaws. The Committee:
- selects the investment design features of the plan
- appoints, monitors, and evaluates the Plan's investment fund managers
- monitors Plan costs
- through the Plan administrator, provides general information to Plan participants regarding procedures and investment options under the Plan.
This committee was established by the Board of Supervisors under the Deferred Compensation Plan, Section XIV, as amended September 24, 1984.