Corrections Officers Retirement Plan Local Board (CORP)
|Chairman's Designee||Captain Michael Wilkins||01/01/2021 - 12/31/2021|
|Citizen Member||Casey Blais||01/12/2021 - 12/31/2021|
|Citizen Member||Candice Copple||12/11/2019 - 04/30/2023|
|Member Elect||Lt. John Noble||02/05/2020 - 02/04/2024|
|Member Elect||Lt. Brent Williams||10/01/2020 - 09/24/2024|
For each participating county, the Chairman of the Board of Supervisors, or his designee who is approved by the Board of Supervisors, as chairman, 2 members who are elected by secret ballot by members employed by the participating county in a designated position, and 2 citizens, 1 of whom shall be the head of the merit system if it exists for the group of members, who are appointed by the chairman of the board of supervisors with the approval of the board.
Duties & Powers
- Decide all questions of eligibility and service credits and determine the amount, manner and time of payment of any benefit under the plan.
- Make a determination as to the right of a claimant to a benefit and afford a claimant or the fund manager, or both, a right to a rehearing on the original determination.
- Request and receive from the employers and from members information as is necessary for the proper administration of the plan and action on claims for benefits and forward the information to the fund manager.
- Distribute, in the manner the local board determines to be appropriate, information explaining the plan which is received from the fund manager.
- Furnish the employer, the fund manager and the legislature, on request, with annual reports with respect to the administration of the plan that are reasonable and appropriate.
- Appoint a medical board, which is composed of a designated physician or clinic other than the employer's regular employee or contractor. If required, the local board may employ other physicians to report on special cases. The examining physician or clinic shall report the results of examinations made to the local board, and the secretary of the local board shall preserve the report as a permanent record.
- Sue and be sued to effectuate the duties and responsibilities set for the in this article.