Interactive Search Tool Help
Search for Your Lost Pet
Prior to visiting our Interactive Mapping Tool, there are several things that you must know to get the most out of your search experience:
- To search for your pet, click on the magnifying glass in the upper right side of your screen. You will have several search options:
- Type in the address or major intersection of where your pet was last seen
- Use GPS to find your current location on the map and search from there
- Type the name of the property owner for the address where your pet was last seen
- Click on any circle Ο (represents dogs) or triangle Δ (represents cats) and a smaller window will appear with the following information:
- Type of animal (dog/cat)
- Date it was found by field officers, or brought to the shelter by a citizen (intake date)
- Primary and Secondary Breeds
- Address or cross streets where the animal was found
- If available, there will be a photo of the animal
- If this is your animal, please call 602-506-7387 and let MCACC staff know you are calling about your lost pet. There is an Animal ID number at the top of the small window; you will need to give MCACC staff that number (the number will begin with "A").
- MCACC staff will direct you to the shelter location where your animal is being housed (2500 S 27th Avenue, Phoenix OR 2630 W Rio Salado Pkwy, Mesa).
Posting a Pet You've Found
To get the most out of your Interactive Mapping Tool experience, there are a few things you should know.
- To post a pet you have found, click on Report a Pet in the upper right side of your screen.
- Zoom the map to the general area where the pet was found.
- From there you will be asked to provide your name and phone number (if the owner sees your post, they can contact you directly).
- You can also upload a photo of the pet you have found.