2018 Emission Inventory Surveys Distributed,
Annual Series of Workshops Announced
January 2019 – Annual emission survey forms for reporting calendar year 2018 emissions are now being distributed via mail this week. These reports are due on Monday, May 13, 2019. Workshops to provide assistance in completing 2018 reports will be conducted on the following dates and times:
All workshops will be held in person or via webinar at the MCAQD office at 3800 N. Central Ave., 17th Floor (Conference Room 1) Phoenix AZ, 85012. A paid parking lot (NW corner of N. Central Ave. and W. Clarendon Ave.) is available at a rate of $6/hour (daily maximum $10). RSVP to attend in person or via webinar at (602) 506-6790 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
The Maricopa County Air Quality Department's (MCAQD) Emissions Inventory (EI) Unit collects, reviews, stores and manages stationary source air pollution emissions data for sources in Maricopa County. The EI Unit also collects emission fees from Title V sources and provides data to county, state and federal agencies.
A point source emissions inventory shows annual air pollutant emissions for one specific business location. An emissions inventory may be requested by MCAQD of any facility with an air quality permit in Maricopa County. At the beginning of each year, the EI unit distributes reporting forms and instructions to those businesses that have been requested to submit an emissions report for the prior calendar year.
Annual emissions inventories serve a number of purposes:
- They help determine a source's compliance with its air quality permit conditions as well as Maricopa County rules and regulations.
- They help identify pollutant sources that may need new or additional controls, and thus provide a basis for improved air pollution control strategies.
- They also provide a means of assessing progress in achieving reductions from existing controls.
- They provide the basis for determining annual emission fees from Title V sources.
- Inventory data are used as input for air quality modeling to demonstrate attainment of national ambient air quality standards (NAAQS).
Page updated 07Jan19