Adopt a Pet
Looking for a new pet?Browse photos of our current residents via the links above and if you see one you are interested in, we encourage you to visit our adoption locations so that you can view the animals in person and get a feel for their personality. You do not need to be an Arizona resident to adopt from us, but you must complete the adoption in person and we are unable to provide transportation for your newly adopted dog or cat.
What's Included in the adoption?Along with your new 'fur-ever' friend, dogs in our shelter are given:
- 4-in-1 vaccination (distemper, hepatitis, parvo virus, and parinfluenza)
- Bordatella vaccination
- flea/tick treatment
- Adopted dogs ages 3 months of age and older also receive a rabies vaccination and County dog license/tag as part of their adoption fee.
- All animals adopted from us also must be spayed or neutered prior to leaving the shelter. If you adopt a cat/dog that has not yet been altered, it may need to stay an extra day or two for surgery.
Cats receive a 3-in-1 vaccination (feline distemper, rhinotracheitis, and calicivirus). Maricopa County does not require cats to be rabies vaccinated or licensed.
What are the costs?
Puppy and Dog Adoptions
- Five months of age and younger: $300
- Six months of age and older and more than 20 pounds: $50-$150
- Six months of age and older and less than 20 pounds: $75 - $200
- Six years of age and older: $25-$75
- Shelter Super Heroes: Up to $300
Kitten & Cat Adoptions
- Five months of age and younger: $75-$150
- Six months of age to 6 years old: $25-$75
- Senior cats (7 years and older): $25
Pets and Vets ProgramIn recognition and appreciation of U.S. veterans' service to our country, MCACC's "Pets and Vets" program waives adoption fees for select pets adopted by veterans. Adopters participating in the program will be responsible for paying the $22 license fee for dogs only. Puppies (6 months of age or less), kittens (6 months of age or less), Shelter Super Heroes and other premium-priced pets are available for veterans in this program for 50 percent off their current adoption price. The adoption fee is waived for adult cats.
Veterans wishing to participate in the program are asked to provide verification of veteran, reservist or active duty status. We will accept the following verification documents:
- Military ID
- DD214 Military Discharge Certificate
- Honorable Discharge Certificate
- Letter for the U.S. Military Center in St. Louis or Letter from the Maryland Veterans Administration Service Program.