ATTENTION: The Sanitation and Diapering 101 online trainings are being updated and are not available at this time.
Maricopa County Child Care Nurse Consultants are pleased to present these online training modules. It is vital to ensure the health and safety of children while they are in child care. The information contained in these presentations comes from early education's best-practice health standards sources.
Online Training Module General Directions:
- Since the presentations have narration and videos, use a computer that has sound.
- The courses will work in modern internet browsers, but Google Chrome is the preferred browser we recommend.
- If your computer displays a message asking if you want to allow all content, indicate that you want all content displayed.
- Take notes; it helps you to remember the content.
- The modules take between 30 and 60 minutes to complete, so allow enough time to complete the module.
|Managing Seizures in Child Care Settings||½||This training will give you basic information on how to handle seizure disorders in children who attend child care.|
|Managing Asthma in Child Care||½||This training will give you basic information on how to handle asthma in children who attend child care.|
|Managing Head Lice in Schools and Child Care Centers||½||This training presents best-practice recommendations on managing the spread of head lice in schools and child care centers.|
|Safe Sleep Practices for Child Care||1||This training discusses the American Academy of Pediatrics' recommendations for infant sleep environments.|
|Management of Shigellosis in the Child Care Setting||½||This training presents information on preventing the spread of shigellosis in child care.|
|Responding to a Severe Allergic Reaction||½||This training presents information on recognizing and appropriately responding to severe allergic reactions.|
|Hand Washing in Child Care||½||The purpose of this course is to provide information on the importance of hand washing and its role in preventing the spread of disease in the child care setting.|